For Christmas & Hannukah needs, please order only titles marked "On Our Shelves Now" (caveat: computer inventories are prone to error! They are updated 12:00 AM each day; if we had one in stock at midnight, it may have been sold by 4pm) and selecting In-Store Pick Up at checkout. As of this morning, Monday, December 19, USPS is no longer guaranteeing delivery of Priority Mail by Christmas.
- USPS Media Mail (5-10 days) — Tracking, uninsured, $3.99 for one book, $.99 for each additional book.
- USPS Priority Mail (1-3 days) — Tracking, insured, $9.95 for one book, $1.95 for each additional book.
- On Our Shelves Now indicates that the book was on hand in our computer inventory at 12:00 AM on that day. Book do sell out, sometimes in a day, and inventories can be inaccurate. Personal, signed confirmation of your order is the best, most reliable indication of availability aside from calling the shop and having a bookseller lay eyes on the book.
- Usually Ships in 1-5 Days indicates that the book is on hand at one of our wholesalers' warehouses. Fulfillment times vary depending on which wholesale partner has the book, and out of which warehouse it will ship. "Usually" is the key word. More and more frequently, it can take 10-14 days for books to arrive from farther flung warehouse or if they are "Print-on-demand."
- Print-on-demand means just what it sounds like; when we order the book, it is printed, then shipped. This happens in the same facilities where books are packed and shipped, though, which is currently the distributors' priority. Expect a wait if you are informed that a book is POD.
- Hard to Find indicates that a book is, in all likelihood, out of print. Though we are equipped to perform searches for these books, it really is a crap-shoot as to what we receive, and an increasingly risky proposition, particularly as we have historically offered this service at an extremely reasonable cost. We prefer that you purchase books on the "secondary market' yourself.
- MEANS OF DELIVERY:
- In-Store Pick Up - Tick the box below the coupon code field to indicate you would like store pick-up.
- Shipping - Fill in your shipping information and choose your shipping method: USPS Media Mail or USPS Priority Mail.
- Complimentary Home Delivery - We continue to offer this service only to the elderly, infirm, or those who are quarantined or immuno-compromised - within the 05753 ZIP area.
- PLEASE NOTE: It can take up to 48 hours to confirm your order. We WILL communicate with you via email upon processing. If you don't hear from us, please check your various inboxes (promotions, updates, spam) before calling to inquire.
- If you have difficulty placing your order, please do not hesitate to call us!
- As a rule, coupon codes do not combine.
- Coupons are only applicable to products with common trade discounts. Short- or academic-discouts will disqualify a book for coupon eligibility.
- Sales with a coupon code discount will be added to your VBS Friends account, but earned Friends Credits will not be applied to discounted sales.
- We do our best to answer the phone during regular business hours. If we don't pick up, leave a message and we'll return your call as soon as we can.
- We now take pre-payment for EVERY order. We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, and Discover cards, as well as Vermont Book Shop gift cards. Please have your card handy.
- You are welcome to initiate your order via email, but again, be aware that we require pre-payment for EVERY order. As sending credit card details over email is not secure, you will need to call us also. If you are confident that we have or can get the book you are ordering, please feel free to leave your credit card details in our voicemail. We need the card number, expiration date, CVV or CID code, and your billing zip code.