We are open for in-store, in-person shopping! Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We are still taking orders online, by phone, and by email (this is our order of preference, as all orders must be prepaid by credit card), with curb-side pick-up or complimentary local delivery. (The Vermont Book Shop at the Stone Mill Public Market is no longer in operation.) SCROLL DOWN for ordering online help.
COVID Safety Measures: Per CDC and State of VT guidelines, we ask that you wear a mask if you are unvaccinated.
- The health and safety of our community is of paramount importance to us.
- Anyone experiencing respiratory symptoms or a fever, has been exposed to someone with COVID in the past 14 days MUST NOT ENTER THE SHOP. Please call or email, or order online.
- The shop has been reconfigured to allow for greater social distancing; please maintain a respectful distance from others while browsing.
Shipping information, please read:
- USPS Media Mail (2-10 days) — Tracking, uninsured, $2.99 for one book, $.99 for each additional book.
- USPS Priority Mail (1-3 days) — Tracking, insured, $9.95 for one book, $1.95 for each additional book.
- We are still offering free in-store pickup and complimentary delivery in 05753.
- The search bar is beneath the banner image at the top of the page. When you think you have found what you want, confirm that you have the right title and edition (i.e., not large print, not a totally different book by the same title...) and click the "ADD TO CART" button for a physical book. Beware the "GET THE DIGITAL AUDIOBOOK" and "GET THE EBOOK" buttons–unless, of course, that is what you want. We can sell you those, too!
- Note: a title's product page will indicate if it is "On Our Shelves Now." Good to know if you are in a hurry for something.
- Choose in-store Pick-Up to do just that.
- To choose Complimentary Delivery in the 05753 zip code, enter your shipping address, then tick the "Complimentary delivery in 05753 area: $0.00" box in Shipping Options. Please add any pertinent info regarding pick-up or delivery to the Order Comments field at bottom of checkout page, such as, "Yellow house with the dogs," or, "Leave on side porch, please."
- PLEASE NOTE: It can take up to 48 hours to confirm your order. We WILL communicate with you via email upon processing. If you don't hear from us, please check your various inboxes (promotions, updates, spam) before calling to inquire.
- If you have difficulty placing your order, please do not hesitate to call us!
PICK-UP Book orders, whether ordered online or over the phone, can be picked up during our posted business hours at the Vermont Book Shop, 38 Main Street. If you have any special requirements or time constraints, please call us at 388-2061. While consistency is our goal, we respect our customers' busy lives and can be flexible! Complimentary delivery within the 05753 zip-code and USPS shipping are also available!
- We do our best to answer the phone during operating hours, Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. If we don't pick up, leave a message and we'll return your call as soon as we can.
- We now take pre-payment for EVERY order. We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, and Discover cards, as well as Vermont Book Shop gift cards. Please have your card handy.
- You are welcome to initiate your order via email, but again, be aware that we require pre-payment for EVERY order. As sending credit card details over email is not secure, you will need to call us also. If you are confident that we have or can get the book you are ordering, please feel free to leave your credit card details in our voicemail. We need the card number, expiration date, CVV or CID code, and your billing zip code.