This event date has passed, but you can still catch the video at https://www.facebook.com/
BOOK LIST BELOW!
School's out! Well, almost... We hope you’ll join us for another Scholastic Parents Night!
At Scholastic Parents Night: The Power of Summer Reading, a virtual panel of Scholastic authors, education experts, and booksellers will give tips and book recommendations that will keep kids excited to read all summer long!
Wednesday, May 26 | 7pm ET / 6pm CT / 5pm MT / 4pm PT via Facebook Live
Download a PDF of books that will be discussed here: CHECKLIST and find those same books below, listed alphabetically, to purchase before or after the event.
Tune in for:
- A book recommendation speed-round with an indie bookseller - Ask for recommendations based on your child's likes and needs!
- Interviews with beloved authors Varian Johnson (Twins and The Parker Inheritance) and Kelly Yang (The Front Desk series)
- Tips and tricks to keep your kids reading all summer - and loving it!
- Swag! Attendees who visit the store after the event will receive a goodie bag (on a first come, first serve basis), and all attendees will receive digital activities, brochures and more!
We will joined by:
- Moderator John Schu: Host of Book Joy Live, author of the popular blog Watch. Read. Connect. and Ambassador of School Libraries for Scholastic Book Fairs.
- Varian Johnson: Award-winning author of several books for children and young adults, including The Parker Inheritance and Twins, illustrated by Shannon Wright.
- Lauren Savage: Co-founder and owner of the Reading Bug Bookstore and Reading Bug Box in San Carlos, California and narrator of the Reading Bug Adventures story and music podcast.
- Lizette Serrano: VP of Educational Marketing at Scholastic, Co-founder of the Power of Story initiative and a 2021 Summer Reading Ambassador.
- Kelly Yang: Author of the award-winning Front Desk series and founder of The Kelly Yang project.