Our Main Street location is now open for browsing and we are welcoming our customers back into the shop, Tuesday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Customers can also shop our satellite location inside the Stone Mill Public Market, around the corner on Mill Street, Wednesday - Sunday, 12 p.m. - 5 p.m. For our customers who wish to shop with us but not come inside, ordering online is available, with curbside pickup at our 38 Main Street location or the Stone Mill, or complimentary local delivery. For full details of safety measures we have instituted for the protection of our booksellers, customers, and the community at-large, please see below. We recognize that our limited hours may pose an inconvenience. If you are at increased risk or cannot visit during our posted hours for any reason, you may make an appointment to shop, please email Becky. Thank you again for your continued patience and patronage!
For the protection of our booksellers, customers, and the community at-large, we have instituted the following safety measures:
- Anyone experiencing respiratory symptoms or a fever, has been exposed to someone with COVID in the past 14 days, or who is visiting from or has visited a county which is not “green” (find answers to common questions about cross state travel HERE) and has not quarantined for 14 days (or 7 days with a negative test) MUST NOT ENTER
- All customers and staff must wear facial coverings inside the shop
- Customers are asked to use the hand sanitizer available at the front of the shop upon entering
- The shop has been reconfigured to allow for greater social distancing; please maintain a respectful distance from others while browsing
- We ask that you not enter the shop in groups of more than 3
- No more than 10 people, including staff, will be allowed in at any one time
Book orders can be picked up curbside at either Vermont Book Shop on Main Street or the Stone Mill Vermont Book Shop at 3 Mill Street (please select at the beginning of web order checkout!)
If you have any special requirements or time constraints, please call us at 388-2061. While consistency is our goal, we respect our customers' busy lives and can be flexible! Complimentary delivery within the 05753 zip-code and USPS shipping are also available!
We are still taking orders online, by phone, and by email (this is our order of preference, as all orders must be prepaid by credit card).
Our stall at the Stone Mill Public Market is freshly stocked and open for browsing Wednesday - Sunday, 12 p.m. - 5 p.m. Please understand that because of the nature of our business arrangement with the Stone Mill, Vermont Book Shop gift cards are not redeemable there, nor will your purchases count toward our VBS Friends loyalty rewards program. If you wish to redeem a gift card, or feel very strongly about earning loyalty rewards, please contact us to make your purchase directly. Be warned, however, that not all inventory is available in both locations and we will not transfer merchandise simply to accommodate gift card transactions or use of the rewards program.
We are in the Shop and available by phone Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. We respond to email outside of those hours within reason and to the best of our ability.
Shipping UPDATE! Please read.
- Some online orders are experiencing shipping delays or getting damaged or lost in transit, and this is especially true with Media Mail at this time.
- We have to increase media mail shipping option fee from $1.99 per shipment, to $2.99 per book + .99 for additional books.
- We are still offering free curbside pickup and complimentary delivery in 05753.
- USPS Media Mail (2-10 days) — No tracking/uninsured, $2.99 for one book, $.99 for each additional book.
- USPS Priority Mail (1-3 days) — Tracking/insured, $9.95 for one book, $1.95 for each additional book.
Ways to order:
Online: Yay! You're here!
- The search bar is beneath the banner image at the top of the page. When you think you have found what you want, confirm that you have the right title and edition (i.e., not large print, not a totally different book by the same title...) and click the "ADD TO CART" button for a physical book. Beware the "GET THE DIGITAL AUDIOBOOK" and "GET THE EBOOK" buttons–unless, of course, that is what you want. We can sell you those, too!
- Note: a title's product page will indicate if it is "On Our Shelves Now." Good to know if you are in a hurry for something.
- If you wish to take advantage of our Complimentary Home Delivery (within the 05753 Zip code), tick the box under Pick-Up Options at Checkout and in the Order Comments box at the very bottom of the page, indicate DELIVERY and supply any helpful information, such as, "Yellow house with the dogs," or, "Leave on side porch, please."
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to our limtited staffing, it may take up to 48 hours for us to confirm your order. We WILL communicate with you via email upon processing. If you don't hear from us, please check your various inboxes (promotions, updates, spam) before calling to inquire.
- If you have difficulty placing your order, please do not hesitate to call us!
- We do our best to answer the phone between 10 am and 4 pm, Monday - Friday. If we don't pick up, leave a message and we'll return your call as soon as we can.
- We now take pre-payment for EVERY order. We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, and Discover cards, as well as Vermont Book Shop gift cards. Please have your card handy.
- You are welcome to initiate your order via email, but again, be aware that we require pre-payment for EVERY order. As sending credit card details over email is not secure, you will need to call us also. If you are confident that we have or can get the book you are ordering, please feel free to leave your credit card details in our voicemail. We need the card number, expiration date, CVV or CID code, and your billing zip code.